And here's the reveal! It seems amazing that I went from a 10 month restoration, to this 5 DAY restoration. I started on the 26th, and finished last night on the 30th.
The clock isn't DONE, but it's at 95%. It just needs a reproduction mirror, and a door escutcheon. I plan to do some experimentation with the mirror. I will keep you updated.
I'm not sure why my camera isn't focusing clearly. It might be time for a new one.
I've chosen to put it in my bedroom for now, next to the William S. Johnson ogee clock. It will look great once the mirror is installed. The light mahogany also looks good against the blue walls (the blue looks rather grey in this photo).
This last detail shot helps to show-off the texture and patina that I try very hard to create. I did minimal hand sanding on the splat, and with some shellac and a polished and waxed surface, the final effect almost looks like worn leather. I'm always very happy when I can manage to match an old finish so closely (compare the splat to the top rail of the door).